Table of Contents
- 1 About Mercy Corps
- 2 Plan / Division Summary
- 3 Normal Situation Summary
- 4 Crucial Career Tasks
- 5 Supervisory Accountability
- 6 Accountability
- 7 Accountability to Individuals and Stakeholders
- 8 Knowledge and Expertise
- 9 Results Variables
- 10 Dwelling Ailments / Environmental Situations
- 11 Ongoing Understanding
- 12 Range, Fairness & Inclusion
- 13 Equal Work Chance
- 14 Safeguarding & Ethics
- 15 How to apply
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a main world group driven by the belief that a greater globe is feasible. In disaster, in hardship, in a lot more than 40 countries all around the globe, we companion to set daring solutions into action — aiding people today triumph about adversity and construct much better communities from inside of. Now, and for the upcoming.
Plan / Division Summary
Mercy Corps’ Ukraine crisis reaction seeks to satisfy the humanitarian wants of susceptible Ukrainians and other conflict-afflicted people the place they are: displaced inside of Ukraine, refugees in Poland, Romania and Moldova, or trapped driving frontlines. We intention to access 500,000 vulnerable folks with multi-function income aid, in-sort humanitarian assistance, and security services throughout four international locations. Nearly all of our impression will be sent in partnership: with Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian and Moldovan civil modern society companies as a result of a granting system that matches humanitarian action with capability strengthening, and with peer worldwide NGOs by means of a consortium in Ukraine.
Normal Situation Summary
The Protection & Humanitarian Entry Direct (SHAL) guarantees that Mercy Corps’ Ukraine Reaction operates at all moments with best being familiar with of the dynamics that shape our context, underpinned by robust and adaptive safety and safety protocols, and with the capacity to leverage examination into humanitarian final decision producing and obtain.
The core of this role is our disaster reaction in Ukraine. As a basis for all other things to do, the SHAL will get the job done with the Basic safety & Protection Manager (SSM) to assure our Ukrainian operations work inside of very best-practice basic safety and stability follow and that our Stability Management Strategy is kept up to day and recognized and complied with by all staff customers. S/he will also oversee the function of the SSM and area stability focal factors in assuring site and journey stability.
Constructing on this foundation, the SHAL will oversee and guidebook a suite of analytical capabilities intended to generate contextual insights and translate these into actionable assessment that can inform conclusion-building, program style and design and humanitarian entry. S/he will function with a Humanitarian Accessibility Officer (HAO) and Disaster Analytics Workforce Leader (CATL) to ensure that our analytical perform can aid guidebook the Reaction Senior Administration Workforce (RSMT) and software and operations teams in navigating elaborate context dynamics, in setting up numerous factors of make contact with to notify both equally system layout and its implementation, and in enterprise humanitarian negotiations to guarantee working room and obtain (together with into non-federal government controlled places or NGCAs).
The SHAL will also provide as a member ex officio of the RSMT and, where by acceptable, participate in the two internal and exterior conferences, networks and fora pertinent to security and humanitarian accessibility, and from time to time act as a spokesperson or consultant for Mercy Corps Ukraine on these difficulties. S/he is anticipated to support consolidate, articulate and prioritize pitfalls related with protection, stability, entry and enterprise continuity to the broader risk management crew.
Crucial Career Tasks
- The SHAL is a essential purpose in the broader possibility management objectives of Mercy Corps Ukraine. They will sit on the Chance Management Committee of Mercy Corps Ukraine and participate in routine threat administration actions such as (but not limited to)
o The evaluation of Improved Because of Diligence stories and partnership engagement
o The region risk sign up and prioritization of agency or crew dangers.
o Investigations – as determined.
o Vital Incident and disaster management
Protection AND Safety Management
- The SHAL oversees the enhancement and updating of all policies, methods, suggestions and arranging for employees basic safety, operational security and system continuity, doing the job carefully with the RSMT and the Safety & Safety Supervisor.
- Coordinate threat assessments of contracted and future offices and residences. Oversee follow up on actions to be taken to make certain compliance with safety and security expectations.
- Assistance successful communication protocols and use throughout the workforce to ensure fantastic safety awareness and apply.
- Guarantees, alongside with the SSM, common basic safety and security dialogue exchanges with peer businesses, UNDSS UNOCHA, Embassies, industrial entities and many others
- Assure that all protocols and observe acknowledge gender particular challenges and are responsive to safeguarding considerations.
- Underneath the direction of the Response Director, coordinate with the civ-mil actors doing work in Ukraine and lead the deconfliction rules and procedure with UNOCHA. The SHAL is anticipated to give crucial feedback into this course of action and (in coordination with the Reaction Director) the Mercy Corps advocacy and world-wide stability teams for company positioning on this process.
- Be certain a very clear coordination system is in location for cross-border actions.
- Working with the Humanitarian Entry Officer (HAO) and Crisis Analytics (CA) group, make sure humanitarian accessibility ways are responsive to regional context and contain overarching neighborhood engagement elements.
- Doing work with the HAO, develop ongoing associations with relevant nationwide and community authorities and other ability brokers inside of Ukraine.
- Get the job done to guarantee that Mercy Corps, its mission and operate in the locations of operations is acknowledged and approved. Coordinate with the CARM and PAQ team to understand pertinent feedback from communities to assess amounts of have faith in and acceptance. Support the Reaction Director in building a popular vision and actionable objectives in the direction of acceptance.
- Function to inspire stakeholders to do the job with Mercy Corps in ensuring that employees and systems are risk-free and authorized to keep on humanitarian pursuits in Ukraine.
- Give frequent updates to obtain treatments for all Ukraine plan parts.
- Present technical input and information in assessments to contemplate new Mercy Corps programs in new geographic regions.
- In coordination with the SSM and HAO, liaise with protection actors e.g., NGO Stability Focal Place, NCCI, INSO, other NGO safety coordinators, region UNDSS contacts, neighborhood group stakeholders, Governors, and many others.
- Sustain a large amount of preparedness vis-a-vis predicted contextual fluctuations operationally and programmatically.
- Manual and coordinate the get the job done of the CA workforce less than its Workforce Leader, guaranteeing that assessment produced can be fed into operational decision earning
- Serve as a member of the Ukraine CA editorial operating team, inputting to arranging and selections all-around content material, the pipeline for studies and other work, and in setting up editorial guidelines.
NETWORKING & LIAISON
- With the SSM, preserving a network of Mercy Corps safety focal points in Ukraine, Poland, Romania and Moldova, as perfectly as external qualified contacts and counterparts.
- Give well timed comments on issues and complex assistance requests from country software workforce members.
- Facilitate regional NGO protection coordination as a result of networking, collaboration and coordination with humanitarian actors.
INCIDENT REPORTING & Response
- Make certain the SSM and staff contributes and maintains present monitoring, mapping and automated reporting methods of safety incidents and updates for a in depth check out on occasions & traits in the region.
- Key individual responsible for all flash reporting and incident management. Is responsible for the documentation and examination of all incidents.
- The SHAL is a member of the Reaction Senior Administration Workforce and a core member of any disaster management staff.
- Help generate and ecosystem in which Mercy Corps all Mercy Corps packages and group customers and organization are done with professionalism, impartiality, accountability and other main ideas demanded as a humanitarian agency.
- Spot significant value on inter-agency coordination in stability really encourage Mercy Corps industry-degree coordination in the NGO group. Find options for formal and casual cooperation.
Workers General performance Management, Understanding & Improvement
- Hire, supervise, and establish the potential of crew users in applicable specialized and administration competencies
- Produce and implement remote management ability building approaches to construct the strengths of the protection users in industry workplaces
- Mentor, practice, supervise and mentor direct-report team, like communicating very clear anticipations, setting once-a-year overall performance aims, furnishing normal and well timed constructive and constructive efficiency comments, and offering documented semi-yearly performance assessments
- Sustain open up and qualified relations with staff associates, marketing a robust team spirit and providing oversight and assistance to help employees to correctly perform in their positions
- Approve and regulate all time, attendance and go away requests to guarantee sufficient departmental protection guarantee month-to-month, exact timesheet submission and carry out probationary assessments
- Make sure compliance with Mercy Corps’ Protection and Security World Least Requirements as effectively as safety techniques and guidelines as determined by nation leadership.
- Proactively ensure that group users function in a safe natural environment and are both of those mindful of, and utilizing, guidelines.
Supervises the Safety & Safety Manager, Humanitarian Obtain Officer, and Crisis Evaluation Crew Leader.
Stories Instantly To: Deputy Ukraine Response Director
Functions Immediately With: RSMT, subject teams, other appropriate departments across Mercy Corps, such as Global Security and Crisis Analytics
Accountability to Individuals and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps group members are expected to assistance all initiatives toward accountability, specifically to our system contributors, local community companions, other stakeholders, and to worldwide requirements guiding intercontinental aid and enhancement perform. We are committed to actively participating communities as equivalent companions in the style and design, checking and analysis of our discipline projects.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s diploma in a applicable discipline, Master’s degree or equivalent in expertise
- Five decades subject knowledge in protection and stability with a humanitarian or development non-governmental corporation. Practical experience in security administration in conflict placing is ideal
- Official protection qualification or highly developed safety management instruction is desirable
- Shown knowledge of complicated emergencies, conflict sensitivity and conflict management. Fantastic context analysis skills.
- Expertise of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis capabilities
- Really developed interpersonal and conversation skills which include influencing, negotiation and coaching and capability to perform in with group from numerous backgrounds and cultures.
- Exceptional organizing, coordination and reporting competencies, with the skill to manage a significant workload comprised of elaborate, various duties and tasks, and existing intricate information in succinct and compelling way
- Competency in World wide web and Microsoft Business systems together with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Accessibility and other database/mapping devices
- Experience living and working in Ukraine is favored.
- English proficiency needed, expertise of Ukrainian or Russian favored.
The successful SHAL will allow the Mercy Corps Ukraine reaction crew to more effectively provide humanitarian reduction to civilians influenced by the conflict with pace, system and obligation of care. The prosperous candidate will be equipped to abide by and read the quickly altering conflict and realize the political landscape to superior strategy and forecast. S/he will help the RSMT make an ecosystem of a well-experienced team with a potent, contextual awareness. S/he will community and connect frequently with counterparts in the region for a comprehensive portrayal of protection and access.
Dwelling Ailments / Environmental Situations
This placement is based mostly in both L’viv or Kyiv, Ukraine, and is unaccompanied. Journey in Ukraine, and neighboring nations is demanded to help Mercy Corps workplaces and applications. Residing problems are in team housing: drinking water, electric power and net are present.
In assist of our belief that discovering businesses are additional effective, productive and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all staff associates to devote 5% of their time to studying pursuits that even further their personal and/or experienced development and progress
Range, Fairness & Inclusion
Reaching our mission begins with how we establish our group and do the job collectively. By our determination to enriching our group with persons of various origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of considering, we are greater able to leverage the collective ability of our groups and remedy the world’s most intricate issues. We strive for a society of belief and respect, in which absolutely everyone contributes their perspectives and genuine selves, reaches their potential as persons and teams, and collaborates to do the best operate of their lives.
We understand that range and inclusion is a journey, and we are fully commited to mastering, listening and evolving to turn into additional numerous, equitable and inclusive than we are these days.
Equal Work Chance
Mercy Corps is an equal chance employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any foundation. We actively request out various backgrounds, perspectives, and techniques so that we can be collectively more powerful and have sustained world wide impression.
We are committed to giving an environment of respect and psychological safety exactly where equivalent work prospects are readily available to all. We do not interact in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identification, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, countrywide or ethnic origin, disability (together with HIV/AIDS position), marital position, military veteran standing or any other guarded group in the locations the place we function.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is fully commited to guaranteeing that all individuals we arrive into speak to with by way of our work, whether or not workforce members, group associates, system participants or other folks, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding avoidance of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary Typical and IASC and have signed on to theInteragency Misconduct Disclosure Plan. We will not tolerate youngster abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As aspect of our dedication to a harmless and inclusive operate surroundings, staff associates are expected to conduct by themselves in a experienced method, respect community regulations and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Carry out Insurance policies and values at all situations. Team customers are demanded to total necessary Code of Perform elearning courses upon use and on an yearly foundation.